This is it. Your final quick tip of what I sincerely hope was/is a wonderful holiday selling season. I will not be posting again until after Christmas, so Merry, Merry to you. Thank you for reading these posts and sharing your success stories with me.
Here is tip #19 … (here is a link back to tip #1)
Except for next day shipments, FedEx and UPS are done. You likely won’t be getting any major shipments of products in after today. Yet you still have three wonderfully busy days to sell, sell, sell.
But your shelves are looking a little bare and there is nothing left in back to bring out.
I call stocking the shelves this time of year “smoke and mirrors.”
Your job is to make your store look as full of merchandise as possible.
Here are some things you can do …
- Pull everything forward to the front edge of the display/shelf
- Remove shelves from the display. Three full shelves with gaps above and below looks better than four partially filled shelves.
- Put excess merchandise in empty areas. We often would use large plush to fill major holes. Some of it sold from there, too!
- Wrap large boxes to put on high shelves to advertise that you offer gift wrap services.
- Remove free-standing displays and move items to shelves to keep fixed shelving full
If you make the store look “full”, your customers will have more confidence to buy.
PS Merry Christmas my friends! May Santa be as generous to you as you have been to your customers and staff.