Here are some of the ways I have decided to market my new book…
- Face-to-Face Sales – I do speaking engagements all around the country and get opportunities to sell my book one at a time to attendees. Plus, I sell it in my store. And I always have a few copies with me wherever I go (sold two at a recent birthday party!)
- Web Marketing – I have it for sale on my website
- Blog Marketing – Yeah, this is the fourth time I’ve talked about it to you.
- YouTube – already one video review online about the book, more coming…
- Facebook – The book has it’s own page, positive reviews starting to come in.
- Friend Blogging – I have given away a few free copies to influential friends who have blogged about it or at least given it some link love (one of those links increased my blog traffic by a factor of 15!)
- Direct to Buying Groups – There are retail buying groups made up of independent retailers to whom I am reaching out.
- Radio – I already did one radio interview, working on setting up more
- TV – Ditto
- Newsprint – I will be profiled soon in the local paper as a local author, working on getting profiled in other papers, too.
- Human Resource Professors – this is tougher nut for me to crack, but I am working on making contact with HR Professors to try to get this book into their hands and into their classrooms
- Human Resource Professionals – I have been following HR groups on LinkedIn, posting where applicable, getting involved in discussions, and getting to know other people there. Soon I will be enlisting their help in spreading the word.
As you can see from this list, there is a lot I am doing to market one tiny little book on Hiring & Training.
How does this apply to your business? Simple. All of the above marketing techniques are basically free. They only cost me time and a few free books. If you don’t have enough business, then you have enough time to get cranking on any one of them. (Yes, they are all applicable to your business – email me if you can’t see how.)